Documentation for shipment
The presentation of identification document is indispensable for boarding.
Passengers should present an identification document in two moments: at check-in in person and at the boarding gate.
Passengers of Brazilian nationality in national travel
On the road in the national territory, passengers of Brazilian nationality must submit one of the following documents:
- National passport.
- Identity card (RG) issued by the Secretariat of Public Security of a Member State of the Federation or Federal District.
- Identity card issued by Ministry or organ subordinate to the Presidency of the Republic, including the Defense Ministry and air force commands, the Navy and the army.
- Identity card issued by the judiciary or legislative, federal or State level.
- National driving license (with photo).
- Portfolio of work.
- Identity card issued by Council or Federation of Professional category, with photography and public faith in the whole national territory.
- Pilot's license, Inspector, flight mechanic and flight operating broker issued by national Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC).
- Other photo identification document and public faith in the whole national territory.
In national territory, travel documents can be accepted regardless of the expiration date, which may be originals or certified copies.
The documents must allow identification of the passenger.
In the event of theft, robbery or loss of Brazilian nationality in passenger travel on the national territory, can be accepted the police report (BO), provided that it has been issued less than 60 days.
- I can get on board with my student ID?
Don't. The student ID is not an identification document for the shipment.
Passengers of Brazilian nationality in international travel
Brazilian legislation applies to flights coming out of Brazil. For flights from other countries, the rules of the place of origin of the trip,
this may be different from the Brazilian legislation.
On international trips, passengers of Brazilian nationality must submit one of the following documents:
- Valid passport.
- Return to Brazil.
- Safe conduct.
- Civil identity card or foreign equivalent document, in the cases provided for in treaties, agreements and other international acts.
- Crew member certificate of airs transport and maritime portfolio.
- Consular registration portfolio.
More information on valid identity documents for international travel – including to countries members of the southern common market (MERCOSUR) – arising from international agreements or other acts, may be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Federal Police Department.
Passengers of other nationalities
Passengers of other nationalities must submit one of the following documents, considered their validity:
- Foreign Passport.
- Foreign identity card-CIE (RNE), the international agreements signed by Brazil.
- Diplomatic or consular identity.
- Another legal document, a result of international agreements signed by Brazil.
In the case of trip in national territory, the CIE application protocol issued by the Federal Police Department can be accepted as a
replacement to the original document, for the maximum period of 180 days from the date of their dispatch.
Check out more information on the website ANAC.